Saturday, April 3, 2010

AMBIVALENCE PILLOW

REMEMBER THE STRIPED ZEBRA?

Oh my my! How can a zebra be not striped in the first place ...
I just remembered Shel Silverstein's "The Zebra" when he said ...
"Am I black with white stripes or
am I white with black stripes?"

AMBIVALENCE ...
that's how the zebra felt.

When it comes to people and relationships,
I do acknowledge that no matter how you try ...
There will be those who will like you
And there will be those who don't and won't ...

A friend has just reminded ..
You simply can't force it if they don't ..
And though I know that principle for like ages now ...
The human side of you irks ...

But, yes, on the brighter side, people have realities ...
And though my reality is yet to be understood ...
I must and I always choose
to respect people's realities...

So my knees are sharpened again ...
Saying that at the end of the day ...
It is always a matter of choice ...
to be "white" with black stripes ...
or ...
to be "black" with white stripes ..

My only option ...
is
FAITH
... in people and in their realities ...

We all have shoes to wear ....


2 comments:

keNji said...

+i've always loved "the zebra".. thanks for featuring dork! worthwhile to read!

jeni said...

Dork! Thanks for patronizing .....

Weeeeeee.......................... Hop also at the chatbox