Tuesday, September 8, 2009

IT MUST BE MURPHY!!!

IT MUST BE MURPHY! 

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed tired from the previous day’s work. I fixed the covers, bathed and found myself running towards the Bellevue gate. The street before me looked like a Doomsday road. There were no cars, no cabs, no jeepneys, no motorcycles, no people. 

I was supposed to go to the La Granja campus. I waited for like a decade and found myself texting Leah (a friend) inquiring where the great AOS bus is. My mouthpiece is broken so it was useless to call anyone. Leah’s phone was not cooperative as well. 

The next thing I knew I was sitting behind a guy for a motorcycle ride. I HAD NO CHOICE! Leah texted that they are at SM. When I came to SM, the bus was situated in Xavier Estates. I went to Xavier Estates only to be informed that they are approaching Rosevale. In other words, I WAS CHASING THE BUS!

I was frustrated. So I walked to a place named Stonetown and found a sofa to wait for a van supposedly. It was supposed to be an exciting journey to La Granja Estates. But I found my feet headed for ALwana.

Well, it must be Murphy’s law at work. Hopefully, the day won’t end this way. For tonight is a night of worship at our church. 

The following verses were rather comforting:

They are from John 15. 

4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

9"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.

11I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.

14You are my friends if you do what I command.

20Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.

2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful.

No comments: